Laundry Aide / Housekeeper Job Summary:
This is two jobs that have combined to make one full-time position, with Laundry Aide being the primary responsibility. The Laundry Aide is responsible to maintain a clean and odor free atmosphere at Good Shepherd in all public areas and resident accommodations. The housekeeper is responsible to maintain a clean, odor free, and safe environment for Good Shepherd Community in all 8 Households, including residents rooms, spa area, utility room, storage room, and linen room as well as monitor supplies in these areas. Must also perform laundry and floor care duties to ensure high standards of sanitation. Checks supplies and inventory and inspects and coordinates cleaning of vacated apartments and rooms.
Division: Nursing Home
Location: 1115 4th Ave N, Sauk Rapids MN 56379
- Responsible for cleaning resident rooms.
- Responsible for cleaning resident bathrooms.
- Responsible for cleaning the spa area.
- Responsible for cleaning the clean utility rooms.
- Responsible for cleaning the soiled utility rooms.
- Responsible for cleaning the clean storage room.
- Responsible for cleaning the clean linen room.
- Report any needed repairs to Supervisor.
- Make suggestions for changes in procedure and/or equipment to maintain high standards and safe working conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Laundry Aide Responsibilities:
- Performs laundry Duties.
- Delivers soiled linens to laundry; sorts, washes, dries, folds and returns clean linens to linen closets and resident rooms.
- Cleans laundry room, sorting and soiled linen tubs.
- Maintains clean atmosphere throughout the Good Shepherd Community.
- Cleans and makes resident beds.
- Cleans resident rooms and apartments, including bathroom and resident items (wheelchair, commode, etc…)
- Maintains adequate supplies such as bathroom tissue, paper towels, and hand soap.
- Changes room divider curtains and window draperies as needed.
- Maintains clean atmosphere in all public areas, including dining room, dayrooms, break room, public bathrooms, etc.
- Dusts and wet mops all corridors.
- Removes trash from all areas.
- Reports any needed repairs to supervisor.
- Maintains high quality floor surfaces.
- Refinishes hard floor surfaces.
- Vacuums and extracts carpeted surfaces.
- Checks supplies and inventory and informs supervisor when low.
- Inspects and coordinates cleaning in procedures and/or equipment to maintain high standards and safe working conditions.
- Makes suggestion for changes in procedures and/or equipment to maintain high standards and safe working conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Detail orientated
- Long-term care or housekeeping experience preferred
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
Hours: Days (56 hr/pp in Laundry and 24 hrs/pp in Housekeeping)
On-Call Rotation: No
Weekend/Holiday Rotation: Yes, every third weekend/HolidayApply Online