Employment Recruiter Job Summary:
The Employment Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the Good Shepherd Community. This will be achieved through the recruiting and sourcing plans and the continued process of developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Employment Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring and retaining the best possible talent throughout the screening and onboarding process.
Division: Nursing Home
Location: 1115 4th Ave N Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Recruiting and Sourcing
- Develops and executes recruiting plans to efficiently and effectively fill open positions for all entities of Good Shepherd.
- Coordinates with hiring managers to determine best recruiting process for positions.
- Assist hiring managers to develop and review job descriptions to ensure accurate description of positions.Post openings internally and externally on a routine basis.
- Utilize the internet for recruitment by posting positions.
- Continue to identify ways to improve the company website employment page to assist in recruiting.
- Research new ways of using the internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify, source, and recruit candidates.
- Post positions in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Develops and implements a social media plan for promoting employment opportunities with Good Shepherd.
- Be aware of the healthcare job market trends.
- Develop marketing initiatives in advertising job vacancies through job sites, company website, newspaper, job vacancy journals, etc.
- Identify ways to establish a recognizable employer of choice reputation for Good Shepherd, both internally and externally.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, high schools, colleges, media, workforce centers and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; attending job fairs; maintaining connections. Speak to classes, build relationships with nursing instructors, networks on LinkedIn and other candidate networking sites, and attend other candidate events to build and maintain qualified candidate pools.
- Flexible hours and at times evening hours will be required.
- Handles incoming calls regarding position inquiries.
- Processes and screens applications to evaluate if they meet the position requirements positions; assists with hiring process in other departments as needed.
- Assist in performing employment verification and reference for potential employees.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers, as needed.
- Coordinates background checks.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the human resources system.
- Sends No Thank You letters to applicants in a timely manner.
- Prepares and sends offer letters to new hires.
- Maintains communication with applicants throughout the screening and hiring process and communicates with the hiring manager on the status of the new hire.
- Meets with and coordinates processing of new employees including: completing paperwork, tours, badge preparation, timeclock entry, background study, Mantoux process, and prepares personnel file materials, etc.
- Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment notifying the hiring department and the IT department of employee’s starting date. Set up in HR related systems to include, but is not limited to, time and attendance, payroll, computer based training, scheduling software, and door access systems.
- Coordinates new employee orientation between the employees, supervisors, and staff development.
- Manages the employee referral program including policies, procedures, referral bonus payouts, communication, etc.
- Manages the 10-day and 60-day evaluations/stay interviews.
- Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees and compiles and analyzes exit interview feedback for managers.
- Suggest effective employee benefits to enhance the organization’s effectiveness.
- Conducts annual employee engagement survey; compiles and analyzes feedback for reporting to managers.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation, enforcing regulations with managers, recommending new procedures, and conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Promotes Customer Care Standards of Service with Compassion, Trust, and Respect.
- Each day it is important to abide by Good Shepherd’s Customer Care Standards. It is important to uphold the values of service, compassion, trust and respect and W.O.W. customers in the manner trained. Excellent Customer Care is an expectation and we need to do everything in our power to make sure that we treat everyone, residents, tenants, families, guests and our co-workers, with excellent customer service.
- Supports the Human Resources team by offering assistance or backup support when needed to ensure all areas of the human resources department are adequately covered.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all Good Shepherd and employee information including, but not limited to personnel files, health files, and payroll records.
- Performs additional functions as requested by Supervisor.
- A minimum of 2-year degree in human resources, management, or similar field.
- 2-3 years of human resources experience with high volume recruiting, preferably in a Healthcare organization, preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing. Creating photo layouts, producing video, and designing promotional items.
- Demonstrated creativity with projects, event promotions, and name recognition.
- Proficient computer skills which include knowledge of Microsoft office/ Outlook calendar software (Word, Excel, Access, and desk top publishing software), social media platforms and on-line search engines required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in fast paced environment. Must accommodate recruitment demands involving flexible work hours.
- Demonstrated communication skills and well-developed organizational/administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work on a number of projects at once.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Current, valid driver’s license.
Hours: Full-time Days, 80hrs/pp (occasional evenings as needed)
On-Call Rotation: No
Weekend/Holiday Rotation: NoApply Online