- Bichon Frise – While this small breed has more grooming needs, they do not shed much and have moderate energy.
- Boston Terrier – A friendly, well-mannered, affectionate breed. Have lots of energy and are easy to groom.
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Small dog that is affectionate, easily trained and love spending time with their human.
- English Bulldog – Great breed for senior who are looking for a low-activity pet. English Bulldogs tend to be shy and quiet, but do require regular grooming.
- French Bulldog – Similar to their English cousins, this breed is generally quiet and does not require a lot of exercise, but they do need grooming.
- Miniature Schnauzer – While Miniature Schnauzers can be vocal, they are energetic and playful, as well as obedient and easy to please.
- Pomeranian – This lively breed is energetic and adores attention. They need regular grooming, but they do not require much exercise.
- Poodle – Extremely intelligent breed that adapts easily to different environments. They do not shed much, but need a decent amount of grooming and exercise.
- Pug – Small, affectionate and playful breed. Can be stubborn, but require less exercise.
- Yorkshire Terrier – A tiny breed that does not shed, does not need much exercise, and does not require much grooming.
The American Kennel Club has a quiz to help you select a dog breed that fits your capabilities and needs best!